First Steps to Starting a Business
Thinking about going into business?
Attend a First Steps workshop at a location near you or participate online.
During First Steps you will explore your business idea and assess your business readiness.
- Identify your own strengths and weaknesses as a business owner.
- Learn how to determine the potential for your business.
- Discover what information you need and where to find it.
This is an interactive workshop with hands-on exercises and lots of resources.
This program is designed for people who have not yet started a business.
You will learn how to answer these questions:
- Do you have the right personality, skills and life situation to start and manage a business?
- Do you have a good business idea that will meet a customer need and make a profit?
- How realistic is your business concept?
- What kind of investment will you need to launch your business?
- What steps do you need to take to get started?