Technical Resources


Technology Centers

Many area universities and technical colleges may be able to assist you with technical issues. The following centers offer limited assistance at the federal level.


National Technology Transfer Center

The National Technology Transfer Center (NTTC) helps locate federal lab experts and assists with the transfer of federal technology. It also offers an online database of federal funding opportunities and awards. For more information about working with the NTTC, please click the above link.


Great Lakes Industrial Technology Center (GLITeC)

Great Lakes Industrial Technology Center (GLITeC) is one of six regional centers funded competitively by NASA. GLITeC offers a variety of services for businesses, directly and through its affiliates, usually on a fee basis. Services include information retrieval, technical assessments, and technology and funding brokering. For more information regarding the Great Lakes Industrial Technology Center, please click the above link.



Trade Associations

Trade associations can be a useful source of information on competition and industry trends, as well as on trade shows and publications. A trade show, if accessible, can offer a unique opportunity to network with buyers and sellers within a particular industry.


To find the trade associations relevant to your company or project, consult Associations Unlimited or do a general web search. This is a full-text database that describes more than 80,000 national, international, regional, state, and local associations. In addition to basic address listings, information is also supplied on membership, publications, and conference dates. Most libraries should have Associations Unlimited; if not, please call the Wisconsin Innovation Service Center at 262-472-1365 or email us at For information on trade shows, call the relevant association or try the website:



Manufacturers/Business Databases


A variety of manufacturer and company directories are available, at both national and state levels, and several are usually in public libraries. Online resources include: