Go Global With Your Business
96 percent of the world population is consuming products outside the US. A billion people are expected to join the global middle class in the next decade. International trade is no longer a luxury. It is a necessity for businesses looking to grow.
The Wisconsin SBDC Network has Import and Export Regulatory Compliant consultants available, at no cost, to help you reach new markets – even when you don’t know where to begin.
- Grow your revenue
- Increase your bottom line
- Expand your margin
- Diversify your target market
- Mitigate geopolitical risks
International Trade Assistance
We can help your business with:
- Import and export documentation: Documentation is an integral process for trading. Close attention to detail is important as requirements vary considerably by country, commodity and situation.
- Shipping logistics and distribution: Choosing the best processes for trade is integral to running a successfully trading operation. We can help you customize your process -- carrier and mode selection, compliance, payment regulations and any required specializations.
- Trade grants: Every Wisconsin business is eligible for an annual grant up to $25,000 to spend on entering or expanding new markets.
- Market intelligence and trade data: With access to data in 80+ countries, we can help determine which route is right for you.
- eCommerce platforms: Selling online is crucial but needs even more attention to detail when working across borders.
The Wisconsin SBDC Network collaborates with the Wisconsin Economic Development Corporation (WEDC) and its global network of 82 countries to:
- Bring your products to new markets.
- Allow your company to grow faster.
- Spread risk across the economy.
- Be that first mover or keep up with your competition.
- “Level out your business” for any seasonal challenges.
Specifically, Wisconsin ExporTech™ is a proven export strategy development program designed to speed a company’s ‘go to market’ timeline:
- 20 percent U.S. ExporTech™ training completed in Wisconsin
- $900,000 average sales increase by Wisconsin ExporTech™ graduates
- Wisconsin’s ExporTech™ program named “Best in the Nation”
Export Development Grant Program
Additional opportunity for some: In southeast Wisconsin, Milwaukee 7 offers a Export Development Grant Program to help manufacturers, firms selling a proprietary product line and service-based companies grow in international trade. The Export Development Grant Program will award matching funds of up to $5,000 to new and existing exporters.
Get Started Today
The Wisconsin SBDC has international trade certified business consultants located across the state.
- Shirley Malski, UW Oshkosh SBDC, serving northeast Wisconsin & the entire state -- email@example.com or 920-424-4631 (NASBITE Intermediate Certification)
- Mark Speirs, UW-Stevens Point SBDC, serving northcentral Wisconsin -- firstname.lastname@example.org or 715-346-4609 (NASBITE Intermediate Certification)
- James McPhaul, UW-Parkside SBDC, serving southeast Wisconsin -- email@example.com or 262-595-3363 (SBA Intermediate Certification)