Throughout 2020, the Wisconsin SBDC’s 40th anniversary, the network is shining a spotlight on the talented team that makes our work possible.
- Year started with the SBDC: 2013
- Quote that inspires: “Do not let your happiness depend on something you may lose.” — C.S. Lewis
- Unique work accomplishment at the SBDC: Luke is excited for the opportunity to learn about the Amish community in the area. He is currently helping several Amish clients transitioning from agricultural businesses to others such as retail wood products and building construction services. He is helping them to establish an accounting system with paper ledgers and to obtain financing.
- Favorite way to spend time in the community: Luke has been known to enjoy the live music at the Sounds Like Summer concert series in downtown Eau Claire.
- Current client challenge: Currently, Luke is working with a client on an exciting project to repurpose a paper mill in the Eau Claire region.
- Happiest when: Luke is happiest when he is at the lake with family and friends! He also enjoys road biking and rides about 2,000 miles per year.
- Favorite SBDC memories: The camaraderie shared at biannual state directors’ meetings keeps Luke inspired.
- Something you enjoy about your job: Luke loves working with accounting interns and watching their progress as they move into full-time careers.
- Quote from Bon Wikenheiser, State Director: “In addition to accounting skills, Luke adds so much to the SBDC. He is customer focused and pragmatic. He is reliable and generous with his time training others within the SBDC and does so with good humor and camaraderie. Luke really is a great ‘Governor’ for the network: he helps all of us rise to challenges, and he has our back. I am very grateful to have him lead a center and be part of the team.”
Learn more about Luke Kempen in his full bio.
See all of our staff spotlights and 40th Anniversary celebrations, as well as all of our team bios across our 13 centers.